Lawyers Professional Liability
RPA Lawyers is the exclusive Managing Program Agent for the Westport Insurance Corporation Lawyer Professional Liability Program serving Colorado, Utah, Nevada, Idaho, Maryland, Virginia, Delaware & Washington DC. Our program is unique; we designed the underwriting interface to make it more intelligent and intuitive than the traditional process. Attorneys are the ultimate "time crunched professional" and it's our goal to maximize your time on the items that matter: obtaining adequate coverage limits, tending to practice management, and enacting risk management prevention measures.
- Policies underwritten by Swiss Re Corporate Solutions/Westport Insurance Corporation, an "A+" (Superior) rated carrier, in Financial Size Category XV by A.M. Best.
- Coverage Options:
- Disciplinary Proceeding Defense
- Subpoena Assistance
- Broad Definition of Legal Services
- Network and Privacy Breach Defense (Cyber Liability coverage)
- Retirement Extended Reporting
- Loss of Earnings
- Legal Malpractice Risk Prevention Services & Hotline
- Local Advice, Service, Underwriting and Policy Issuance
- Designed specifically for attorneys in Colorado, Utah, Nevada, Idaho, Maryland, Virginia, Delaware & Washington DC
- Competitive Premiums
For law firms that fall outside of the program, we have several hard-to-place lawyers professional liability facilities. Chubb Insurance, Travelers Insurance Group, and Westport/SwissRE are just some of the specialty insurance carriers we work with.
We utilize a step-by-step placement process to assist the law firm with completion of the proper application and supporting documentation to achieve competitive coverage terms. We provide feedback and communicate with the firm through the process to provide the best placement and coverage selections.
Commercial Insurance Services
We can also place and service your entire commercial insurance needs. We utilized Hartford and Travelers among others for the following coverage options:
- Office Package
- Workers Compensation
- Crime and Fiduciary Policies
- Appeal Bonds
- Employment Practice Liability
- Cyber Risk
Periodically, firms are recommended to review their commercial insurance programs to ensure that limits are sufficient and to update what exposures have changes. In addition, as a new exposure emerges (such as cyber and data breach risks), a law firm should evaluate new lines of coverage to stay protected.